Southern-style Chicken ‘popcorn’From staccato 4 years ago
- 6 chicken fillets, cut into bite-sized pieces, or drumsticks shopping list
- 1 cup buttermilk, or plain yoghurt shopping list
- 2 tsp smoked paprika, or use regular paprika shopping list
- 1 tbsp chicken spice shopping list
- 375 ml organic flour shopping list
- 4 centimetres vegetable oil, for deep frying shopping list
- 1 pinch salt and milled pepper shopping list
How to make it
- 1 Toss chicken in buttermilk or yoghurt.
- 2 Mix paprika, chicken spice, flour and seasoning together in a bowl.Toss chicken in seasoned flour to coat.
- 3 Deep-fry in batches until crispy and cooked through.
- 4 Drain on kitchen paper and serve with tomato sauce.