Peach Praline Overnight French ToastFrom keni 3 years ago
- 6-8 eggs(I don't use as many eggs as others might like, so judge accordingly:) shopping list
- 1 1/2-2 cups half and half shopping list
- 1T vanilla shopping list
- 1/4t fresh grated nutmeg shopping list
- 1/4 cup honey shopping list
- 1lb loaf Italian bread, sliced into 6-8 slices, 3/4 inch thick shopping list
- 1/4 stick butter, softened shopping list
- 1/3 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup oats shopping list
- 1/2t ground cinnamon shopping list
- dash of salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans shopping list
- 2 large or 3 smallish fresh peaches, sliced shopping list
How to make it
- Spray 9X13(or slightly larger if you have it, and need it) with no stick spray.
- Arrange bread slices in a single layer in pan.
- In large glass bowl, whisk together eggs, half and half, , nutmeg, vanilla and 2T honey.
- Pour over bread slices...some will spill over into the pan, and that's okay. That's what you want.
- Flip bread pieces over so that both sides get well covered with egg mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from fridge at least 30minutes prior to baking, if possible.
- In small bowl, combine softened butter, brown sugar, oats, cinnamon, salt and pecans and mix well with forks or fingers. :) This won't be a crumbly topping, quite like a streusel, but it should be workable. Adjust amounts of butter/oats, if needed.
- Arrange sliced peaches over eggy bread slices, then top with the praline topping.
- Bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes, until eggs are cooked through and bread is lightly golden on the edges.
- In the last few minutes of baking, drizzle on the remaining 2T of honey.