Havarti Chicken In Sage Infused Brown Butter Mushroom SauceFrom keni 5 years ago
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs shopping list
- 2 lemons shopping list
- about 2T olive oil shopping list
- 2 sticks butter(I know, but it's SO good!!) shopping list
- 1lb fresh mushrooms, sliced shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic shopping list
- 1 red onion, diced shopping list
- about a dozen fresh sage leaves shopping list
- 8oz prosciutto, sliced thin(try for 12 pieces, if possible, this is what I had, and it worked great) shopping list
- 1/2lb Havarti cheese, sliced shopping list
- fresh ground pepper and a lil kosher or sea salt shopping list
How to make it
- Rub chicken breasts with olive oil and juice from 1 lemon and sprinkle with a lil salt and pepper. Let rest a few minutes while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- In large deep skillet or similar(I used cast iron), melt better over low heat.
- When it starts to get foamy, add whole sage leaves and let fry in the butter for about 5 minutes.
- Add onions and mushrooms and continue to cook while preparing chicken breasts.
- Grill or broil chicken breasts for about 12 minutes, or so(depending on thickness, you want it to be about 160-165. Set aside.
- Once the chicken is done, the butter sauce should be browned and onions and mushrooms, tender.
- Add juice from remaining lemon to sauce.
- Wrap each chicken breast with 2 pieces of prosciutto then top with a piece of cheese.
- Place breasts in the pan of the mushroom sauce, then under the broiler for about 5-7 minutes until cheese is melty and starting to brown.
- Serve chicken over the sauce, or vice versa. :)