Layered Cabbage - Unroll CasseroleFrom jo_jo_ba 5 years ago
- ½ cup raw converted rice shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- ½ cup raw brown Minute Rice shopping list
- 1 tbsp tomato paste shopping list
- ¼ cup tomato or V8 juice shopping list
- ½ tbsp garlic powder shopping list
- ½ tbsp onion powder shopping list
- 1 tsp brown sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp oregano shopping list
- ½ tsp black pepper shopping list
- ½ tsp dried basil shopping list
- ½ tbsp dried parsley shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 4 ½ cups crushed tomatoes shopping list
- 10 large cabbage leaves shopping list
- ½ tbsp olive oil shopping list
- ¾ lb extra-lean ground beef shopping list
- ½ onion, grated shopping list
- 1 carrot, finely grated shopping list
- 1 stalk celery, diced shopping list
How to make it
- Combine converted rice and water in a saucepan and bring to boil. Reduce heat, cover and cook 10 minutes. Rice will still be firm. Drain and transfer to a bowl.
- Stir in raw Minute rice, tomato paste, tomato juice, seasonings and 3 ½ cups of crushed tomatoes. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, place cabbage leaves in a large bowl and cover with boiling water. Let stand 10 minutes, then drain and blot dry.
- In a large pan, heat olive oil and brown beef and onion.
- Stir in carrot and celery, and cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add to the bowl with the rice mixture, stir in well.
- Preheat oven to 375ºF and grease a deep casserole dish.
- Pour half of the remaining crushed tomatoes into the bottom of the casserole dish.
- Top with two cabbage leaves, then ¼ of the rice mixture. Repeat layering 3 times, finishing with the last two cabbage leaves.
- Top with the last of the crushed tomatoes.
- Cover and bake 1 hour.
- Remove lid and bake a further 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Cut into wedges and serve.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
The Rating3 people
wondered about the sugar...used veggie crumbles and it is absolutely divine!ingeorgiaforgood in Paulding County loved it
11/23/13pointsevenout in Athens loved it
mommyluvs2cook in Santa Fe loved it
On A Budget559 members
Good To Freeze128 members
Comfort Foods773 members
Gluten Free No Wheat240 members
Cooking For Food Allergies45 members
The Incredible Allergens8 members
Whole Foods142 members
Original Recipes143 members
Fresh Food Cooking119 members
Special NeedsRestricted55 members