Dinner In A PepperFrom noir 7 years ago
- 8 large green bell peppers (I like the Red or Yellow ones for color) shopping list
- 1 pound ground beef shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 3 medium tomatoes, peeled and chopped shopping list
- 1 (8 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained shopping list
- **(or fresh cooked scraped off the ears)** shopping list
- 1 (8 ounce) can cream-style corn shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil, crushed (or fresh chopped finely) shopping list
- Dash of pepper shopping list
- 3/4 cup soft bread crumbs (1 slice) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted shopping list
How to make it
- Cut tops from green peppers; discard seeds and membranes. Chop enough of the tops to make 1/4 cup; set aside.
- Cook the whole green peppers in boiling water for 5 minutes; drain well. Sprinkle insides of peppers lightly with salt.
- In skillet cook ground beef, onion and the 1/4 cup chopped green pepper until meat is brown and onion is tender.
- Add tomatoes; simmer until tomatoes are cooked, about 4 minutes. Drain off liquid. Add whole kernel corn, cream-style corn, salt, basil and pepper to skillet; mix well.
- Stuff peppers with the meat mixture.
- Toss crumbs with melted butter to combine; sprinkle on top of peppers. Place the stuffed peppers in a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered at 350 degrees F for 35 to 40 minutes.
People Who Like This Dish 7
The Cooknoir Boston, MA
The Rating5 people
yep I like it! thanks for post.mystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it
This is great!smooch in America loved it
wow great recipe thanks bunchesmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it