Shrimp Po'boy Sandwich WrapsFrom DetroitTokyo 5 years ago
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise shopping list
- 2 1/2 tbsp spicy brown mustard, preferably creole mustard shopping list
- 1 1/2 tbsp grated horseradish shopping list
- 2 tsp smoked paprika shopping list
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper (more or less to taste) shopping list
- 2 green onions, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped shopping list
- 2 tbsp minced parsley (fresh) shopping list
- 3/4 pound shrimp, peeled & deveined, tails removed (I used Jumbo) shopping list
- 1/2 cup corn meal (course stone ground yellow) shopping list
- 1/2 cup flour shopping list
- 1 tbsp seasoning-blend.html">creole seasoning Blend shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 2 tbsp milk shopping list
- vegetable oil for frying (I used canola) shopping list
- 2 cups shredded cabbage shopping list
- 1 beefsteak tomato, thinly sliced shopping list
- 4 Kosher dill pickles, thinly sliced shopping list
- 4 large flour tortillas (I used fire-roasted) shopping list
How to make it
- Combine all ingredients and mix well. This tastes best after being chilled for some time. I made it 24 hours in advance.
- Heat oil in deep fryer or medium stock pot, enough to submerge shrimp completely. I do this over medium to medium-high heat on my stove top.
- Combine flour, cornmeal and seasoning in a bowl, mix to combine.
- Combine egg and milk in another bowl and whisk to combine.
- Dip each shrimp in the egg mixture and then dredge in flour mixture.
- Carefully place shrimp in hot oil and cook for about 3-4 minutes or until golden brown. Turn if necessary but they should cook on both sides. Transfer to paper towel lined plate. See Photo
- Divide cabbage, tomato and pickle slices between tortillas. Top with shrimp, about 4-5 per tortilla. Top with Rémoulade. Fold & wrap sandwich burrito style. Secure with toothpicks and cut in half. See Photo
People Who Like This Dish 12
- roger76 Nowhere, Us
- DoraSoSweet Richmond, Va
- sara744 Nowhere, Us
- reviews Anycity, Anystate
- mandymoore Wiggins, Ms
- superfox12082 Somewhere, Minnesota
- marpar Copenhagen, DK
- notyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
- mommyluvs2cook Santa Fe, TX
- essentialingredients Kansas City, Missouri
- Plus 2 othersFrom around the world!