Double-stuffed Pork En CrouteFrom notyourmomma 4 years ago
- 1 pork tenderloin shopping list
- 1 tbsp of olive oil shopping list
- 1 package of defrosted, chopped spinach, squeezed dry shopping list
- 1 bunch of scallions shopping list
- 1/3 cup of crumbled feta shopping list
- 1 3 oz package of creamy goat cheese log shopping list
- 1/4 cup of minced mint leaves shopping list
- 1/2 tbsp. of Montreal steak seasoning shopping list
- 1 8 ounce package of bella mushrooms, sliced shopping list
- 1 8 ounce package of white button mushrooms, sliced shopping list
- 2 tbsp of olive oil shopping list
- 1 large yellow onion minced shopping list
- 1 tsp of black pepper shopping list
- 1/2 tsp of salt shopping list
- 1 1/2 tbsp of dijon style mustard shopping list
- 1 defrosted unbaked pie crust shopping list
How to make it
- Press out all liquid from spinach.
- Mix in softened goat cheese, feta, mint and chopped scallions.
- Mix well. Season. Set aside. See Photo
- In a hot pan, add oil. Cook mushrooms over medium high heat until they release all their liquid and are beginning to get dry.
- Add chopped yellow onions and cook until softened. Season. Set aside.
- Brown pork tenderloin on each side in a hot pan with a bit of oil. (I had my pork tenderloin resting in a bath of yellow mustard, salt and pepper and water for a few hours) See Photo
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Unroll the pie crust.
- Spread the cooled mushroom/onion mixture over the center of the crust.
- Squeeze a squiggle line of dijon mustard down the bed of mushrooms.
- Top with browned but still rare tenderloin. See Photo
- Top with cheesy spinach mixture. Pat evenly to enclose the pork.
- Roll up pie crust and try to seal up all the holes and cover the meat and two fillings. See Photo
- Bake in 375 degree oven for 30 minutes. Turn up oven to 400 degrees for a few minutes to make the crust brown if needed, but not too long as you don't want to over cook the meat.
- Let rest 15 minutes, slice and serve. See Photo
The Cooknotyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
- Not added to any groups yet!