Cheesy Campanelle With Mushrooms And SpinachFrom keni 2 years ago
- 1lb campanelle pasta(or a similar fancy shaped pasta) cooked to al dente, drained, tossed to separate and set aside. shopping list
- 1 stick butter shopping list
- about 6oz fresh mushrooms(use baby bellas if you can)(reserve 1 large or 2 small ones), grated(just use your cheese grater) shopping list
- 1 medium onion, grated(as above) shopping list
- 1/4 cup flour shopping list
- 2T Dijon mustard shopping list
- 2 cups half and half shopping list
- 8oz Gouda, shredded shopping list
- 12oz Havarti, shredded(I used a jalapeno version) shopping list
- 6oz fresh spinach roughly torn shopping list
- about 1 cup french fried onions(I used the garlic/pepper ones) shopping list
- fresh ground pepper and kosher or sea salt(I used black truffle infused salt) shopping list
How to make it
- In large, heavy sauce pan, melt butter over medium heat..
- Add grated onion and mushroom and saute about 5 minutes, just until fragrant and soft.
- Add flour and stir quickly to cover flour with the butter.
- Immediately add the half and half and Dijon and whisk over medium high heat, until it comes to a boil. Reduce heat and continue to whisk until no flour lumps remain.
- Add shredded cheeses, salt and pepper and stir well until completely melted and thick.
- Remove from heat.
- Add drained pasta and spinach and carefully fold to combine and mix well.
- Pour into a casserole or single serve dishes which have been lightly sprayed with no stick spray.
- Top with the french fried onions and shave the remaining couple of mushrooms and put those on top, too.
- Drizzle with a small amount of truffle oil, if you have it, otherwise, you can use a tiny bit of olive oil, or just omit.
- Place in a 400 oven and cook until heated through and onions are browned, about 7 minutes.