Cabbage Casserole Cheap And GoodFrom lagoulue 6 years ago
- • 4 cups cabbage, shredded shopping list
- 1 28 oz. can tomatoes, undrained and chopped shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- ½ cup (or more, to taste) chopped onion shopping list
- 1 ½ tablespoon sunflower or other mellow-flavored oil shopping list
- 2 cups cooked brown rice shopping list
- 1/2 cup Crunchy Stuff (I like Pepperidge Farm Herbal stuffing crumbs, but you could use crumbled potato chips (the baked kind), breadcrumbs, matzah farfel, etc.) shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons margarine melted (for Crunchy Stuff) shopping list
How to make it
- Cook brown rice first, while you’re shredding your cabbage, etc. It should stand and get almost cool before you build the casserole.
- Combine first five ingredients in a large sauce pan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for five minutes.
- Place half of rice in a greased two quart casserole, then top with half of cabbage mixture. Repeat layers.
- Combine remaining ingredients, stirring well and sprinkle over casserole. Bake at 375 degrees F. for 45 mins.
The Cooklagoulue New York, NY
The Rating8 people
Excellent! Great as a side or a main dish..Thank you, Lagouluechefg in Roswell loved it
I'm making this for dinner tonight, glad to have come across it. I have to add sausage or my husband would just die- no meat? WHAT?
invisiblechef in loved it
Hi again, the only difference I made to your recipe was to add bratwursts, that I had cut up and then cooked. This was surprisingly good, and I'm going to be making it quite a bit now. I came across this recipe looking up cabbage in the pantry, since...moreinvisiblechef in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!