Garlic, Chive And Sage BiscuitsFrom keni 5 years ago
- 2 1/2 cups flour shopping list
- 1T baking powder shopping list
- 1t baking soda shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- fresh ground pepper shopping list
- 8T cold butter, cut into 1/2 inch pieces or grated from VERY cold(in the freezer for about 15 minutes prior to use) shopping list
- 1t fresh garlic powder shopping list
- about 4 large fresh sage leaves, rubbed and minced shopping list
- about 2T fresh chives, snipped shopping list
- about 1 cup buttermilk shopping list
- few T melted butter for brushing biscuit tops, if desired. shopping list
How to make it
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, pepper, garlic powder, sage and chives in medium glass bowl.
- Using your hands or a pastry blender(I use my hands :), cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add buttermilk to the well.
- Still using your hands, gently fold the dry ingredients into the buttermilk, turning the bowl as you go, until JUST combined. This should only take a few turns of the bowl. Be gentle and DO NOT OVER MIX.
- Let rest about 5 minutes.
- Drop into 6 large or 12 smaller mounds on a sprayed baking sheet or a baking stone.
- Bake at 450 for about 18 minutes, until tops are golden brown.
- (If using melted butter, brush them at about the 15 minute mark, then continue to bake another 4-5 minutes(since you've opened the oven, a lil extra time will prolly be needed :)