Pork à La KeniFrom keni 5 years ago
- 1 1/2lbs pork tenderloin, cut into bite sized pieces shopping list
- 1/2 cup flour shopping list
- 1 stick butter shopping list
- 1 medium onion, diced shopping list
- 1 red bell pepper, diced shopping list
- 1-3 jalapeno peppers, diced shopping list
- about 4-6 fresh sage leaves, rubbed and minced shopping list
- 12oz fresh mushrooms, sliced shopping list
- couple splashes of white wine shopping list
- about 1 3/4 cups chicken stock(reserve about 1/4 cup in case you need to make a lil more flour or cornstarch slurry to thicken sauce, more) shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups cream or half and half shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen peas(unthawed) shopping list
- kosher or sea salt and plenty of fresh ground pepper shopping list
- biscuits, noodles or rice for serving shopping list
- I used these biscuits.html">Garlic, Chive And Sage biscuits shopping list
How to make it
- In heavy, deep sided pan or dutch over(I used cast iron), melt butter over medium heat.
- Add onion, bell pepper and jalapeno pepper and cook until softening, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and sage and cook about 3 more minutes.
- Increase heat to medium high.
- Sprinkle pork pieces with flour and toss to coat.
- Add pork//flour mixture to the pan and cook pork, stirring once, about 7-9 minutes, until no pink is visible.
- Add wine and let cook about 1 minute.
- Add stock, salt and pepper and heat to boiling, stirring often.
- Reduce heat and let simmer and thicken until pork is done, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add cream and peas and cook, stirring often, just until heated through. (If using half and half or if thicker sauce is desired, you can make a slurry with a lil more flour or cornstarch and the remaining stock, stir it in, bring to a boil, then reduce, again.
- Serve over the biscuits, noodles or rice.