Creamed Eggs On ToastFrom elgourmand 2 years ago
- • 4 or 5 hard boiled eggs, depends on size & how much you like eggs. shopping list
- • 3 cups of thin white sauce. I added about ½ cup of gouda cheese to the basic white sauce for this one but sometimes yes & sometimes not. Basic white sauce shopping list
- • 2 - 3 strips of bacon cut crosswise into thin strips. shopping list
- • 1 to 2 Tbs grated onion. shopping list
- • 4 slices of your favourite bread, toasted. In this case I used homemade, very chewy Italian country bread. I have done this with English muffins & that is very nice. shopping list
- • A pinch of Sweet Basel. shopping list
- • salt & FG pepper to taste. shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Boil the eggs and allow to cool a bit.
- 2. Make the white sauce, with the Basel & add the cheese if you like. See Photo
- 3. Fry the bacon & onions until just done.
- 4. Toast the bread.
- 5. Peel the eggs and slice. I use mandolin for this.
- 6. Put the bacon, onions & eggs in the white sauce & bring to a simmer, stirring constantly.
- 7. Slice the toast into strips and spoon the creamed eggs over the top.
- 8. Garnish with a bit of cilantro or parsley.
- 9. Pour your second Bloody Mary of the morning and enjoy. See Photo
People Who Like This Dish 16
The Cookelgourmand Apia, WS
The Rating1 people
- Not added to any groups yet!