Open Faced Roast Beef With Pepper RelishFrom keni 2 years ago
- 2lbs deli rare roast beef, sliced shopping list
- 1lb rustic bread, sliced at about 1/2 inch shopping list
- 1lb provolone or similar cheese, sliced thin shopping list
horseradish mustard Sauce
- 1/2 cup mayo shopping list
- 2T prepared horseradish shopping list
- 2T Dijon shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, minced shopping list
- several dashes hot sauce shopping list
- 1 large or 2 medium Vidalia or similar sweet onions. sliced in thin rings or half rings. shopping list
- 1 large roasted bell pepper, sliced into strips rings or half rings* shopping list
- 2-3 jalapeno peppers, sliced into rings* shopping list
- 2 banana peppers(hot or mild), sliced into rings* shopping list
- juice from 1 large lemon shopping list
- lil kosher or sea salt and plenty of fresh ground pepper shopping list
- *you can use the jarred varieties, if desired. Just drain well. shopping list
How to make it
For Pepper Relish
- Combine all ingredients and toss together well. Let rest at least half an hour but longer is better. See Photo
For Horseradish Mustard Sauce
- Combine all ingredients and let rest at least half an hour but longer is better.
To Prepare Sandwich
- On a plate or platter, lay out roast beef, into portions enough to fit a sliced of bread.
- Top with a drained heaping amount of the relish, then a slice of cheese.
- Heat a heavy skillet over medium high heat.(I used cast iron and didn't need to oil but give a light spray of no stick spray, if you think it's needed)
- Dry toast the bread sliced briefly, if desired, and set aside.
- Carefully transfer the meat/relish/cheese portions to the skillet and let cook just a couple minutes, until warmed through and cheese is starting to melt.
- Spread a layer of the mustard sauce over one side of each slice of bread and transfer the meat/cheese portions to the top of that.
- Serve immediately.