Peas And Poached EggsFrom gourmetana 1 year ago
- 3 pounds fresh peas (frozen are perfectly ok) shopping list
- 2 onions, chopped shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 tbsp tomato paste shopping list
- 3 tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 2 cups chicken stock shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 portuguese chorizo (you can use spanish, though it is very different - portuguese chorizo is not so spicy) shopping list
- 1/2 pound bacon shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- In a large pot sauteé the onions and garlic in the olive oil. Let it cook for about 5 minutes. Put the bay leaf in, add the tomato paste, season with a pinch of salt and pepper and stir.
- Add the peas and chicken stock.
- Meanwhile slice the chorizo and place it in a baking tray along with the bacon. Put it in a 400F preheated oven for about 20 minutes or until the bacon is crisp.
- Remove the tray from the oven and break the bacon into pieces.
- Add the chorizo and bacon to the peas stew. Stir and check the seasoning. Add salt and pepper if needed. Also it might need more liquid at this point. You want the peas to be moist. If this is the case add water (recently boiled so it won't stop the cooking process).
- Time to poach the eggs. Carefully crack each egg over the peas. Put a lid on for 4 minutes and after that serve right away.
- I serve this dish with garlic bread.