Louisburg Soldiers BreadFrom jo_jo_ba 8 years ago
How to make it
- In a large bowl mix together water, sugar, yeast and rye flour and 3 cups whole wheat flour. Beat 100 strokes.
- Cover and let sit for 1 hour.
- Stir down and mix in the salt.
- Add remaining flour 1 cup at a time until dough comes away from sides of bowl.
- Turn out and knead 15 minutes.
- Place dough in greased bowl and turn to coat.
- Cover and let rise until double, about 1 hour.
- Punch down, turn out and knead 5 minutes more.
- Divide into 4 equal portions, shape in slightly flattened rounds and place on greased cookie sheets, 4 inches apart.
- Allow to rise 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Bake the loaves for 20 minutes, reduce heat to 350F and bake a further 45 minutes.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
The Rating1 people
Like it!shuga in United States loved it