Chicken & Cream Cheese Stuffed PeppersFrom luisascatering 3 years ago
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast half seasoned with adobo seasoning, fresh lime juice and olive oil, grilled shopping list
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature shopping list
- 4 ounces sharp white cheddar, grated plus extra for topping shopping list
- 1 seeded jalapeno pepper, finely diced shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cumin shopping list
- 1 ear fresh corn, brushed with olive oil, grilled shopping list
- 1/4 cup fresh salsa (tomato, onion, cilantro, sea salt, lime juice) shopping list
- 1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs shopping list
- 2 red (or any color) bell pepper, cut in half, seeds removed shopping list
How to make it
- Cut grilled chicken into small cubes, set aside.
- In a bowl, combine cream cheese, cheddar cheese, jalapeno, cumin, grilled corn and fresh salsa. Mix in the grilled chicken and stuff each pepper half with mixture (you may have filling leftover).
- Press each half of red bell pepper into panko, filling side down. Bake on a parchment lined baking sheet, covered, for 25 minutes in a 350 degree oven. The peppers should be fairly tender and the filling heated through. Remove foil, sprinkle with a little more cheese and pop back in oven to broil, until golden on top.
- Serve on top organic baby spring mix with a simple red wine vinaigrette seasoned with cumin. Enjoy!