Pulled Pork BarbequeFrom knwalter 8 years ago
- RUB: shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. paprika shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. firmly packed light brown sugar shopping list
- 1-1/2 tsp. chili powder shopping list
- 1-1/2 tsp. ground cumin shopping list
- 1 tsp. coarsely ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 tsp. kosher salt shopping list
- 1-1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper shopping list
- MEAT: shopping list
- 1 boneless pork shoulder roast (boston butt)-4 to 5 lbs. rolled and tied (if neccesary) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- While grill is preheating, apply rub to roast.
- Let roast stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- After fire has gone out, arrange coals for indirect heat.
- Close grill and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Insert probe thermometer in thickest part of roast (towards the center).
- Set alarm, if equipped, to 190 degrees F, (if no alarm, roast should take between 3-4 hours to cook).
- Allow roast to cool, loosely covered, for about 20 minutes.
- Slice the roast or pull apart with two forks, depending on your preference.
- Serve on toasted buns with some cole slaw, chips and a pickle.