Red Cabbage with CranberriesFrom jaie 6 years ago
- 2 tablespoons corn oil shopping list
- 1 onion, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 1/2 pounds red cabbage, cored and thinly shredded shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1 rounded teaspoon fresh grated nutmeg shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups cranberries, picked over and rinsed shopping list
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 lemon, juice and zest shopping list
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar shopping list
- 1 rounded tablespoon pure honey shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
How to make it
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the corn oil and saute the onion until translucent.
- Add the cabbage and toss with a spoon until combined.
- Add the cloves, cinnamon, nutmeg, cranberries, pepper, zest and juice of lemon, vinegar, honey and salt.
- Toss again to combine.
- Cook until the cabbage wilts and the cranberries pop. It takes about 15-20 minutes.
- Taste for salt and add as desired to taste.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
The Cookjaie Allentown, PA
The Rating2 people
This sounds absolutely fantastic. I would love this very much. I love cabbage and cranberries, never thought of the combination together. Must try.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
Oh this sounds so good! Thanks for the new recipe to try! I really appeciate it!annieamie in Los Angeles loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!