An Oreo Peanut Butter PieFrom jaie 6 years ago
- Crust: shopping list
- 34 Oreo chocolate cookies shopping list
- 1/4 dup butter shopping list
- Filling: shopping list
- 1 8 ounce package cream cheese, at room temperature shopping list
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup peanut butter, smooth (I use Peter Pan) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons milk shopping list
- 1 cup heavy cream, whipped shopping list
- 2 tablespoons unsalted peanuts chopped shopping list
How to make it
- In a large resealable plastic bag, using a rolling pin, crush 20 Oreos.
- Reserve 2 tablespoons for topping.
- In a medium saucepan, over low heat, melt butter.
- Remove from heat and stir in Oreos.
- Press evenly onto bottom of 9-inch pie plate.
- Stand remaining Oreo cookies around sides.
- Refrigerate while you prepare the filling.
- In a lare bowl, with an electric mixer at high speed, beat cream cheese until fluffy. (I love the word fluffy!)
- Beat in peanut butter and milk until smooth.
- Fold in whipped cream.
- Spread evenly into pie crust.
- Sprinkly top with peanuts and reserved Oreo cookies.
- Refrigerate 5 to 6 hours before serving.
- ***Cover if there is ANY danger of another food odor being absorbed, such as a garlic or onion smell. Don't risk ruining this pie due to an unwanted odor or taste from the refrigerator.*** I did that...ONCE!!!!
The Cookjaie Allentown, PA
- Not added to any groups yet!