Chicken A La KingFrom chuckieb 3 years ago
- 2 cups milk shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 4 tbsp. margarine shopping list
- 4 tbsp. flour shopping list
- 2 envelopes chicken bouillon powder (approx.2 tbsp.) shopping list
- 1 egg yolk shopping list
- 2 cups cubed chicken shopping list
- 2 tbsp. parsley flakes shopping list
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms shopping list
- 1 cup frozen peas shopping list
- 1/2 tbsp. worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 8 frozen puff pastry shells shopping list
How to make it
- White sauce:
- Melt margarine in a medium size saucepan and stir in flour. Cook over low heat stirring constantly. Slowly stir in milk, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring constantly until sauce has thickened.
- In a frying pan, add a dab of margarine or olive oil and cook chicken cubes 'til no red remains. Add salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Dissolve bouillon envelopes into the hot white sauce. Mix a couple tablespoons of the sauce with the egg yolk in a little bowl and then stir back into the sauce. Reheat, but don't boil. Add the chicken, parsley, mushrooms, peas and Worcestershire sauce.
- Bake puff pastry shells in oven on a cookie sheet according to package directions. Once cooked, pry the little cap off, set aside. Fill shells with A la King mixture and then set cap back on the top. Serve and enjoy.
People Who Like This Dish 16
The Cookchuckieb Ottawa, CA
The Rating2 people
Used seasoning packet from nstant noodles and made it with rice flour and tastes divine! Thank you for posting!njspanteach in Green Brook loved it
Nicely done and beautiful pic!Good4U in Perth loved it
We really enjoyed this Janet:) An easy tasty recipe that comes together in no time at all!This would be an excellent easy dish for entertaining as well. More in IMI moreGood4U in Perth loved it