Potato-Truffle GratinFrom luisascatering 1 year ago
- 4 yukon gold potatoes (about 1.5 lbs), peeled shopping list
- 1 ¼ cups organic heavy cream shopping list
- 1 shallot, minced shopping list
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh chives shopping list
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- 1 cup black truffle cheese (mine was a gouda this time) shopping list
- 1 teaspoon sea salt shopping list
- ¼ teaspoon ground white pepper shopping list
- Black truffle oil shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 325F. Lightly butter an 8 inch square baking dish. Using a mandolin or food processor, slice the potatoes very thin (you can also do by hand, as long as the potatoes are no more than 1/8 inch thick. If the slices are not thin enough, the potatoes will not absorb the cream properly) Immerse the potatoes in a bowl of cold water.
- In a medium bowl combine cream, shallot, chives, 2 tablespoons of parmesan, salt and pepper. Drain the potatoes and pat dry with clean dish towel or paper towel. Add the potatoes to the cream mixture and mix gently.
- Add one-third of the potato mixture to the prepared dish, distributing the potatoes in an even layer along the bottom. Drizzle with a little black truffle oil and sprinkle with truffle cheese. Add the remaining potato mixture in an even layer. Sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon parmesan over the top. Neatly wipe the outer rim of the pan with clean paper towel.
- Set the dish on a baking dish on a baking sheet in the center of oven and bake until he top is evenly brown and the potatoes are tender when tested with knife, about an hour and 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let sit for 30 minutes. Gently cut into squares (I like to use round cutter), keep the top intact. Lift out with small spatula and transfer to individual plates.