Pasta With Kale, Bacon And Caramelized OnionsFrom sosousme 1 year ago
- 8 ounces cavatappi pasta, or other short, tubular pasta shopping list
- 4 slices thick sliced applewood smoked bacon, coarsely diced shopping list
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1 large onion, diced shopping list
- 8 - 10 ounces bagged Tuscan kale, chopped shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste shopping list
- Freshly ground parmesan cheese, (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Cook the pasta according to package directions, drain reserving 1/2 cup pasta water. Set - aside.
- While the pasta cooks, heat the oil in a large skillet, add the bacon and cook until crisp. Remove and set-aside.
- To the oil, (add or remove to make about 3 tablespoons) add the onion, lower the heat and caramelize the onion until deep brown, about 10 - 15 minutes, stirring often. Remove and set-aside.
- Add the kale to the skillet and stir until it is well coated with the oil; add the garlic along with 1 cup water; stir; bring to a simmer, cover and cook for 5 - 6 minutes, or until tender, adding more water if necessary. When tender, add the pasta along with the bacon and onions, mix well. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground pepper, heat through, adding some of the pasta cooking liquid if it seems too dry. Spoon into warmed wide bowls and sprinkle with cheese, if desired.
- Per Serving: 354 Calories; 11g Fat (3g Sat, 6g Mono, 2g Poly); 51g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 11mg Cholesterol; 498mg Sodium.
The Cooksosousme Santa Rosa, CA
The Rating1 people
Looks so good! I think I may just add a little cabbage in this just cause I have a ton!! Probably making this tomorrow....will let you know :)mommyluvs2cook in Santa Fe loved it
Bacon makes everything so good!! Great pasta dish! More in the IMI! ----> Pasta With Kale, Bacon, And Caramelized Onionsmoremommyluvs2cook in Santa Fe loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!