Chicken And Coconut SoupFrom chuckieb 3 years ago
- 2 cups coconut milk shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock shopping list
- 3 stalks lemongrass, white part only, cut in 1" lengths shopping list
- 8 thin slices galangal shopping list
- 10 kaffir lime leaves shopping list
- 3 shallots, thinly sliced shopping list
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into small cubes (1/2") shopping list
- 1 cup thinly sliced fresh mushrooms shopping list
- 3 tbsp. fresh lime juice shopping list
- 4 tbsp. fish sauce shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. palm or granulated sugar (palm tastes truer) shopping list
- 2 tbsp. fresh cilantro leaves, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. chopped fresh red chilies shopping list
How to make it
- In a large saucepan, combine coconut milk, stock, lemongrass, galangal, lime leaves, and shallots. Bring jut to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove the lemongrass, galangal and lime leaves and add the chicken and mushrooms. Simmer for 10 more minutes or until chicken is tender and just cooked.
- Remove from heat and stir in lime juice, fish sauce and sugar.
- Serve soup garnished with cilantro. Stir in chopped chilies, or let guests add their own. :)
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cookchuckieb Ottawa, CA
The Rating2 people
I made this for the family on saturday night - I have been told that I will be making it again sometime in the near future, which is an excellent compliments from everyone, as there are 6 to feed, all with differing tastes. Its hard to find somethin...moresprout in loved it
you know how much I love this soup!!!!!!! Awesome, now that I have galangal all the better.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it