Rotkohl ( Braised Red Cabbage )From PongoUSA 10 months ago
- 1 kg red cabbage, cored and cut into very fine slices shopping list
- 60 gr. sugar shopping list
- 2 onions, peeled, halved, than cut lengthwise into slivers shopping list
- 2 or 3 tb vinegar ( I use apple cider vinegar and apple balsamico ) shopping list
- 1/4 c water shopping list
- 2 cloves shopping list
- 1 tb caraway seed shopping list
- salt shopping list
- 3 tb currant marmalade or cranberry sauce shopping list
How to make it
- In a heavy, wide pot let the sugar melt and caramelize to a light brown. Add the onions and cook, until soft, 6 min. add vinegar and cook a couple seconds, stirring. Than add the cabbage, spices and water. Cover and cook on low for about 45 min., until the cabbage is cooked and tender. add marmalade, stir and adjust seasonings.
- Leftovers freeze an reheat very well.
The CookPongoUSA San Francisco Peninsula, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!