Porky Pepper Grilled CheeseFrom keni 3 years ago
- 1lb loaf rustic bread, sliced shopping list
- 1lb thick cut bacon, cooked crisp shopping list
- 1lb pepperjack cheese, sliced(I used smoked pepperjack...highly recommend!) shopping list
- 3-6 fresh jalapeno peppers shopping list
- 6oz cream cheese, softened shopping list
- couple dashes worcestershire sauce shopping list
- squeeze of fresh lemon juice shopping list
- fresh ground pepper shopping list
- butter, softened shopping list
How to make it
- Lightly brush peppers with bacon grease then roast in a 500 oven or under the broiler until beginning to soften and skin blisters/blackens.
- Set aside to cool.
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheese, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice and black pepper and mix well.
- Heat a lil butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- Butter outsides of each slice of bread, then spread a layer of the cream cheese mixture onto the inside of 1 piece of the bread per sandwich.
- Deseed and slice jalapenos
- Toast the sammiches in the skillet layering cheese, then bacon and pepper slices, then another slice of cheese, and topping with the piece of bread that has the cream cheese spread. :)
- Cook, flipping once, until cheese is melting and outsides of bread are golden brown.
- **To cut back the heat, simply leave out the jalapenos...but at least make sure to use the pepperjack!