Dungeness Crab CakesFrom PongoUSA 1 year ago
- 4 tb butter, divided shopping list
- 1/4 c red pepper, fine dice shopping list
- 1/4 c yellow pepper, fine dice shopping list
- 450 g Dungeness crab meat ( from one crab ) shopping list
- 1 tb parsley, minced shopping list
- 1 jalapeno chile, minced ( with or without seeds ) shopping list
- 1/4 c aioli or good mayo shopping list
- 2 ts lime juice shopping list
- 1 egg, beaten shopping list
- 1 c panko ( breadcrumbs ) shopping list
- 2 tb olive oil ( for frying ) shopping list
How to make it
- Heat 2 tb butter over medium heat, don't let brown. Saute peppers and parsley, until soft, for 5 min. Let cool completely.
- Mix peppers, chili, aioli, egg, s+p and lime juice, fold under crab meat. mix in 2 -3 tb bread crumbs, let sit for 20 minutes.
- Form little patties, about 1 1/2 - 2 inches wide and coat with panko bread crumbs. Put on a plate, cover with ceran wrap and put in the fridge, for at least 1 hr.
- Heat oven to 375 F ( 175 C ).
- Over med.high heat, heat butter and olive oil, until the butter foams. Fry crab cakes 3-5 min. each side, until nicely browned and finish cooking in the oven, for about 8 min.
- Serve hot, with chipotle or harissa aioli and a nice green salad.
People Who Like This Dish 10
- NPMarie Magalia, CA
- SadiesMom Nowhere, Us
- clbacon Birmingham, AL
- notyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
- superfox12082 Somewhere, Minnesota
- midgelet Eastern, USA
- kristopher San Francisco, CA
- ttaaccoo Buffalo, NY
- chuckieb Ottawa, CA
- PongoUSA San Francisco Peninsula, CA
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The CookPongoUSA San Francisco Peninsula, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!