Blueberry Coffee CakeFrom keni 5 months ago
- 3/4 cup butter, softened shopping list
- 1 large lemon shopping list
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1t vanilla shopping list
- 3 cups flour shopping list
- 3t baking powder shopping list
- 2t salt shopping list
- 3/4 cup buttermilk shopping list
- 3 cups fresh blueberries shopping list
- large grain raw sugar to sprinkle over top shopping list
How to make it
- Toss berries with about 1/2 cup of the flour until well mixed and berries are mostly coated. Set aside.
- Cream butter with granulated and white sugar until well blended.
- Add zest from the lemon, juice from 1/2 the lemon and the vanilla and mix well.
- Add eggs and mix again.
- Combine remaining flour, baking soda and salt and add slowly to the butter mixture, alternating with the buttermilk. Mix gently while adding.
- Carefully fold in blueberries.
- Pour mixture into a lightly greased 9X13 glass baking dish.
- Sprinkle the batter with the raw sugar(even better if you use thisVanilla Extract And Vanilla Sugar:)
- Bake in a 350 oven for 45-55 minutes until tooth pick comes out almost clean.
- Let rest in pan for a few minutes then cut to serve.