Carrot Honey CakeFrom gourmetana 3 months ago
- 200ml/7fl oz sunflower oil shopping list
- 4 free-range eggs shopping list
- 4 tbsp clear honey shopping list
- 3 or 4 tbsp sugar shopping list
- 225g/8oz plain flour shopping list
- 2 tsp baking powder shopping list
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda shopping list
- pinch salt shopping list
- a pinch of each: cinnamon, cardamom and nutmeg (all powdered) shopping list
- 175g/6oz grated carrots shopping list
- butter, for greasing shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F.
- In a bowl, whisk together the oil, eggs, sugar and honey until well combined.
- Stir in the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, salt, spices and grated carrots and beat well.
- Pour the cake mixture into a greased 23cm/9in cake tin and transfer to the oven to bake for at least 30 min or until a skewer poked into the centre comes out clean.
- Leave to cool on a wire rack and carefully remove from the tin when cool. See Photo