Chipotle Bacon Mashed TatersFrom keni 1 year ago
- 5lbs russet potatoes, scrubbed and cubed(peel if you want smooth taters, don't peal if you just want more textures "smashed" taters) shopping list
- 1/2lb thick cut bacon, cooked crisp, drained and chopped shopping list
- 1 stick butter(you could use less :) shopping list
- 1 cup sour cream shopping list
- juice from 1 lime shopping list
- 1 can chipotles in adobo, dice the peppers(adjust to your taste, here) shopping list
- 2 cups fresh shredded CoJack or PepperJack cheese shopping list
- kosher or sea salt and plenty of fresh ground pepper shopping list
- Green onions for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- In large stock pot, add potatoes and fill with water to just cover taters.
- Heat over high heat until boiling, then slightly reduce heat and continue to lightly boil until taters are fork tender. 20 minutes or so, depending on how small you've cubed them :)
- Drain potatoes well then immediately add bacon, butter, sour cream, chipotles, cheese, salt and pepper and mash with a potato masher(or transfer taters to bowl of your stand mixer and add the rest of the ingredients and mix or mash to desired consistency.
- Then with a lil milk, cream or stock, if needed
- Serve hot and top with green onion, if desired
People Who Like This Dish 15
The Cookkeni Sweet Home, AL
The Rating2 people
These are super terrific mashed potatoes! I had the last of my Yukon Gold crop to use up. Three of them weighed a bit over one pound. I used two pieces of bacon, two tablespoons of butter, a bit of lime juice (looked like a bit over a teaspoon), o...morefrankieanne in Ukiah loved it
Good smoky fruity flavor.
10/6/13pointsevenout in Athens loved it