Lemony Sweet BrusselsFrom chefmal 3 years ago
- Everybody on here already knows I eyeball everything, so these measurements are approximate. shopping list
- 1 - 1/2 Cups fresh Brussels sprouts, rinsed well shopping list
- 1/2 Cup sliced onions shopping list
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic shopping list
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, rinsed and chopped shopping list
- 1 tsp grapeseed oil, for the pan shopping list
- juice from 1/2 lemon, divided shopping list
- 1/4 cup white cooking wine shopping list
- 1/4 tsp cayenne powder shopping list
How to make it
- Boil the brussels in water for a few minutes first. I mean, you don't have to, but I did because I like them soft. Screw you, it's been a long day.
- Pour in the oil, onions and now softened (if desired) sprouts. Saute' on medium-high flame, stirring occasionally for a few minutes before you add the garlic. That will burn if you cook it for too long.
- Allow the onions to caramelize and the sprouts to blacken a bit. That's good, it adds flavor for when you dump the wine and 1/2 the lemon juice into it, stir it up and get all that yummy caramel up off the pan and coating your veggies.
- Toss in the cayenne pepper and stir vigorously for an additional 3-5 minutes until blended and cooked evenly. Toss in the cilantro about a minute or two before you're done, while still stirring.
- When it's done, remove from heat into a bowl and sprinkle the remaining lemon juice over the dish. Garnish with more cilantro and a lemon wedge if you wanna be all fancy pants.
- This will be sweet enough to convert any brussel sprout hater. Maybe not kids though... I wouldn't try it with kids unless you dump lots of parmesan cheese-- oh wait, that's not a half bad idea... *Wanders off mumbling to myself*
The Cookchefmal Bronx, NY
The Rating1 people
Lovely!!keni in Sweet Home loved it
These were tasty! :) And very pretty. I used more cayenne, big surprise, but mostly followed the rest of the recipe as written...or close enough! ;) LOVED the lemon, of course, and used a fair bit of salt..oh, and I used butter and oil, not just oi...morekeni in Sweet Home loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!