Pistachio Honey BrittleFrom keni 1 month ago
- 2 cups honey(use a great tasting honey, here, because this will be where the flavor comes from:) shopping list
- 1/4 cup raw sugar(optional) shopping list
- 2-3 cups shelled, roasted pistachios, slightly crushed shopping list
- 2T butter shopping list
- pinch of baking soda shopping list
- flake or sea salt(optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Heat honey and sugar in a medium saucepan over medium heat , stirring often, until a candy thermometer reads 300-305 degrees.
- Remove from heat and add butter, pistachios and baking soda.
- Mixture will foam. Stir about a minute until foaming subsides
- Immediately pour onto a heavily greased, lightweight cookie sheet(with sides).
- Don't try to stir, just let it smooth itself out.
- Sprinkle with a lil sea salt, if desired
- Cool completely, at least 15 minute, then "bend" the cookie sheet to break loose the candy. Break into pieces.
- Store uneaten portion in a cool, dry place.