Bacon Apple Cheese MuffinsFrom keni 4 months ago
- 4T butter, softened shopping list
- 2/3 cups raw or light brown sugar shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 3 cups flour(I used half AP and half white whole wheat) shopping list
- 4t baking powder shopping list
- 1/2t fresh ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1t salt shopping list
- 1cup butter milk shopping list
- 2 medium apples(you're looking for about 2 cups), grated(I don't peel them :) shopping list
- about 1/2lb bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled(about a cup) shopping list
- about 6oz cheddar, colby, or similar cheese, grated shopping list
How to make it
- In mixing bowl, beat butter with sugar until smooth.
- Add eggs, one at a time, and beat well between each.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg and add, alternately, with the buttermilk, mixing slowly but thoroughly combining.
- Fold in apples, bacon and cheese.
- Let batter rest about 5 minutes
- Fill prepared muffin tins at least 3/4 full.
- Bake at 350 for about 20-22 minutes until tops are lightly browned and muffins are done through.