Sweet And Sour Orange SauceFrom duboo 1 month ago
- 2 cups water shopping list
- zest of one orange shopping list
- 1 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce shopping list
- pinch ground cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger shopping list
- 3 Tablespoons red wine vinegar shopping list
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon Sriracha sauce shopping list
- 3 Tablespoons corn starch shopping list
How to make it
- Combine all ingredients with the exception of corn starch in a sauce pan over medium low heat. Stir well until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove 1/2 cup of mixture and combine with corn starch in a small bowl. Whisk until well blended.
- When orange zests start to disappear, raise temperature of sauce pan and bring mixture to a slow boil.
- Mix in corn starch mixture and stir occasionally until sauce thickens to desired consistency.
- Remove from heat and let cool a bit.
The Cookduboo North Dakota
The Rating1 people
Okay, now I want to make some egg rolls soon, with this sauce to go with it! Looks fabulous!mommyluvs2cook in Santa Fe loved it
Well, I made the egg rolls and this sauce was a great match!! Nice orange flavor with a kick of heat (which I doubled for preference). I added a post in the IMI group :) ---------> moremommyluvs2cook in Santa Fe loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!