Applesauce Custard PieFrom Good4U 4 months ago
- 1 9" store bought pie shell or a homemade one shopping list
- 3/4 cup sugar ( I am pretty sure you could use 1/2 cup) shopping list
- 1/4 cup flour shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1 and 2/3 cups unsweetened applesauce shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter melted shopping list
- 3 large eggs shopping list
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 425 F
- Prepare pie shell as directed, but do not bake.
- Combine sugar, flour, salt, cinnamon and applesauce. Stir in melted butter and then the eggs and vanilla extract. Blend thoroughly and pour into prepared pastry and carefully put into the preheated oven for 10 minutes then lower the temperature to 350 F. Bake for 40 to 55 minutes or longer until center is set. Mine took over 50 minutes so I am just giving you a guide for times depending on your oven. Remove from oven and cool completely. Serve with whipped cream if you wish.