Sticky ChickenFrom noir 9 years ago
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 teaspoons paprika shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1 teaspoon onion powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon thyme shopping list
- 1 teaspoon white pepper shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- 1 ready-to-cook 1-3 lb. roasting chicken shopping list
- 1 cup chopped onion or shallots shopping list
How to make it
- ***Start this the night before you want to eat this :)***
- In a small bowl, thoroughly combine all the spices.
- Remove giblets from chicken; clean the cavity well and pat dry with paper towels.
- Rub the spice mixture into the chicken, both inside and out, making sure it is evenly distributed and down deep into the skin.
- *** Place in a ziplock plastic bag, seal and refrigerate overnight***
- When ready to roast chicken, stuff cavity with onions, and place in a shallow baking pan.
- ***Roast, uncovered, at 250° F for 5 hours***
- After the first hour, baste the chicken occasionally (every half hour or so) with pan juices.
- The pan juice will start to caramelize on the bottom of the pan and the chicken will turn golden brown.
- If the chicken contains a pop-up thermometer, ignore it. Let chicken rest about 10 minutes before carving.
The Cooknoir Boston, MA
The Rating7 people
never cooked a chicken so long and this sounds awsome!!!!nanny in Haddam loved it
Delicious! The meat fell off the bone and the skin was nice and crispy and a bit spicy. Done in five hours as you said! Thank you!frankieanne in North northern loved it
Can I tell you, this is the best pickin' chicken I have ever had! It sent me dancin' and twirling across my floor! Big hit with the Bunny Brood...*smile* Tops!pink in USA loved it