Sausage And Greens Egg BakeFrom mommyluvs2cook 6 months ago
- 4 breakfast sausage links (I used a maple blueberry pork specialty sausage) you can use 6 if it doesn't seem like enough, mine were pretty big compared to the one's I usually see at the grocery store. shopping list
- 2 cups of tightly packed kale, ribs removed and chopped shopping list
- 2 cups, tightly packed, baby spinach shopping list
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta shopping list
- 6 eggs, whipped shopping list
- All purpose seasoning, use your judgement, I think I used about 1/2 tsp. or season salt can be subbed shopping list
- 1 tsp. Greek seasoning shopping list
- Couple turns of fresh black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- If using precooked sausage, cut into big chunks and set aside. If using fresh sausage brown up in a skillet with a little oil until cooked through. Remove and cut into chunks.
- In the same pan saute the kale and spinach until wilted. In a greased 8x8 (or similar size in a different shape) baking dish spread the cooked greens evenly on the bottom. Top with sausages and sprinkle with feta. See Photo
- Mix the seasonings into the whipped eggs. Pour over sausage and gently jiggle the pan to make sure all of the eggs get incorporated in. See Photo
- Bake at 375 for 30-35 minutes or until eggs are set See Photo. Mine took 33 minutes. Hope you enjoy!!
People Who Like This Dish 12
The Cookmommyluvs2cook Santa Fe, TX
The Rating3 people
Looks totally delish Michelle! LOVE that you included kale:-)NPMarie in Magalia loved it
Great flavor and seasonings were spot on.
See Sausage And Green Eggs Bake
4/514pointsevenout in Athens loved it
I'm going to make this for our Sunday breakfast, I was wondering which brand of Greek seasoning you use..I need to pick some up! I did notice a few recipes to make your own..have you done that? I'm new to Greek seasoning, can you tell:-) Thanks:)NPMarie in Magalia loved it