Cranberry SnowFrom vivian 8 years ago
- 60 g (2 oz) fresh or frozen cranberries shopping list
- 30 g (1 oz) granulated sugar shopping list
- 2 egg whites (make sure that the eggs are very fresh) shopping list
- 60 g (2 oz) caster sugar shopping list
- 140 ml (1/4 pint) whipping cream shopping list
- 140 ml (1/4 pint) natural yoghurt shopping list
- 2 tbsps chopped fresh mint shopping list
How to make it
- Put the cranberries and the granulated sugar into a small, heavy-based pan.
- Cook the cranberries slowly over a moderate heat, until they soften and the juice begins to run.
- Set the cranberries aside to cool completely
- Whisk the egg whites until they are stiff, but not dry
- Gradually whisk in the caster sugar, whisking well between additions, until the egg whites are smooth and glossy and form stiff peaks.
- Whip the cream until it is thick and combine this with the yoghurt in a large bowl.
- Fold the egg whites carefully into the cream and yoghurt mixture.
- Stir in the cooked, cooled cranberries and the chopped mint. Do not over-mix, as the dessert should look marbled.
- Spoon into individual serving dishes.
People Who Like This Dish 10
- greekgirrrl Huntington Village, NY
- tinadc Cape Town, ZA
- minitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
- grandmommy Nashville, TN
- inmaculada Palma De Mallorca, ES
- michellem Idaho, ID
- coffeebean53 Charlotte, NC
- bulloney Berkeley, CA
- gabyk Guayaquil, EC
- krumkake Chicago Suburbs, IL
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookvivian Stoke-on-Trent, GB
The Rating5 people
Soooo original, and sounds delicious too... thanks for the nice recipe.
Best wishes from Spain.inmaculada in Palma De Mallorca loved it
Oooooooooooo yummy i love cranberry.thanksminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!