Cranberry SnowFrom vivian 7 years ago
- 60 g (2 oz) fresh or frozen cranberries shopping list
- 30 g (1 oz) granulated sugar shopping list
- 2 egg whites (make sure that the eggs are very fresh) shopping list
- 60 g (2 oz) caster sugar shopping list
- 140 ml (1/4 pint) whipping cream shopping list
- 140 ml (1/4 pint) natural yoghurt shopping list
- 2 tbsps chopped fresh mint shopping list
How to make it
- Put the cranberries and the granulated sugar into a small, heavy-based pan.
- Cook the cranberries slowly over a moderate heat, until they soften and the juice begins to run.
- Set the cranberries aside to cool completely
- Whisk the egg whites until they are stiff, but not dry
- Gradually whisk in the caster sugar, whisking well between additions, until the egg whites are smooth and glossy and form stiff peaks.
- Whip the cream until it is thick and combine this with the yoghurt in a large bowl.
- Fold the egg whites carefully into the cream and yoghurt mixture.
- Stir in the cooked, cooled cranberries and the chopped mint. Do not over-mix, as the dessert should look marbled.
- Spoon into individual serving dishes.
People Who Like This Dish 10
- greekgirrrl Huntington Village, NY
- tinadc Cape Town, ZA
- minitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
- grandmommy Nashville, TN
- inmaculada Palma De Mallorca, ES
- michellem Idaho, ID
- coffeebean53 Charlotte, NC
- bulloney Berkeley, CA
- gabyk Guayaquil, EC
- krumkake Chicago Suburbs, IL
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookvivian Stoke-on-Trent, GB
The Rating5 people
Oooooooooooo yummy i love cranberry.thanksminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
Soooo original, and sounds delicious too... thanks for the nice recipe.
Best wishes from Spain.inmaculada in Palma De Mallorca loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!