Ginger Lime Seared Tuna with Wild RiceFrom absinthebride 9 years ago
- 1 and 1/2 pound tuna steak, cut into 4 even pieces (high to sashimi grade if you're cooking it rare or medium rare) shopping list
- 1/3 cup of olive oil shopping list
- 1/3 cup of lime juice shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 1 (about thumb-size) piece of ginger shopping list
- course salt and ground pepper to taste shopping list
- 1 tablespoon butter shopping list
How to make it
- While rice is cooking (20 minutes or so), mix olive oil and lime in mixing bowl.
- Crush ginger and mince, mince garlic, and add them and salt and pepper to the bowl, whisking thoroughly.
- Place tuna pieces in bowl, turn them over in 10 minutes. (10 minutes on each side in "marinade".)
- In hot skillet, melt one tablespoon of butter and then place tuna pieces in, pouring the rest of the marinade over them, about two to three minutes on each side to sear to medium-rare.
- When rice is done, spoon onto plate and place tuna on top, using the leftover marinade and butter in the skillet to drizzle over the tuna and rice.
The Cookabsinthebride GA
The Rating9 people
This is an awesome post... thanks...davewolfpackjack in Raleigh loved it
God! I think I'm gonna die lol This would be one of my last earthly meals I think. That really looks beautiful. Love tuna, seared, rare, raw - think I'd even love it in ice cream ;) Fantastic post. Thanks. Bookmarking this.danadooley in Singapore loved it
Lovely recipe, and you got a high five from this neck of the woods! :+Dchefelaine in Muskoka loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!