French Rice SaladFrom noir 9 years ago
- * 1 cup (200 grams) long grain rice shopping list
- * 2 hard boiled eggs (10 minutes), sliced shopping list
- * 2 ripe tomatoes, sliced shopping list
- * 3 scallions, chopped thinly shopping list
- * 1 can of tuna in water, drained shopping list
- * 1 small can of sweet corn, drained (or fresh cooked scraped) shopping list
- * 1 handful of black olives (I like oil cured) shopping list
- * 3 or 4 tablespoons of vinaigrette salad dressing shopping list
- * salt & pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Boil the rice in a lot of salted water until cooked (15-20 minutes).
- Drain the excess water and let the rice cool down (you can rinse it with cold water to go faster).
- Arrange in serving bowl the following:
- add thinly sliced scallions.
- Sliced tomatoes and the eggs.
- With a fork, cut the tuna in small chunks (after draining all the water from the can).
- Add the olives and the corn.
- . Add the remaining ingredients and the dressing to the rice and toss gently.
- Salt & Pepper
- Eat cold.
- **There are many variants to this refreshing salad. You could replace the tuna by cocktail shrimps, crab meat or cubed chicken breast or use no meat at all. You could add other veggies, like green and red bell peppers, cucumbers, avocado... You could add fresh herbs, like parsley or tarragon... Be creative!**
People Who Like This Dish 17
The Cooknoir Boston, MA
The Rating5 people
had it today great added avocado thanks for postmystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it
Love this one Noir!*wink*pink in USA loved it
Like it!shuga in United States loved it