Triple Chocolate-Chomper PieFrom jo_jo_ba 9 years ago
- ¼ cup smooth peanut butter shopping list
- 2 cups fine-crushed graham cracker crumbs shopping list
- ¼ cup sugar shopping list
- 2 Tbsp water shopping list
- ¾ cup superfine sugar shopping list
- 2 tbsp brown sugar shopping list
- ¾ cup cocoa powder shopping list
- ½ cup cornstarch shopping list
- Pinch salt shopping list
- 3 cups whole milk shopping list
- 3 cups half-and-half shopping list
- 3 ounces gourmet bittersweet chocolate, chopped small shopping list
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract shopping list
- 3 ounces white chocolate, melted shopping list
How to make it
- In a large bowl, blend together peanut butter, graham cracker crumbs and sugar.
- Add water a tablespoon at a time, kneading until mixture holds together.
- Press mixture into bottom and up sides of a 9-inch pie pan. Chill thoroughly
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the sugars, cocoa, cornstarch, and salt.
- Whisk in the milk, followed by the half-and-half, until smooth.
- Over medium heat, whisking constantly, bring to a low boil.
- Cook 2 minutes, then remove from heat and stir in the bittersweet chocolate and vanilla.
- Let the mixture cool in an ice water bath, stirring frequently, about 15 minutes.
- Fold in the white chocolate and pour the mixture into crust.
- Refrigerate until well chilled.