Lumberjack CakeFrom notyourmomma 8 years ago
- 1 cup of peeled apples chopped shopping list
- 1 cup of chopped dates shopping list
- 1 tsp of baking soda shopping list
- 1 cup of boiling water shopping list
- 2 eggs well beaten shopping list
- 1 cup of sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup of oil shopping list
- 1 tsp of vanilla shopping list
- 1/2 tsp of salt shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups of flour shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder shopping list
- Topping: shopping list
- 3 tbsp of butter shopping list
- 4 tbsp of milk shopping list
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar shopping list
- 1 cup of shredded coconut shopping list
How to make it
- Mix the apples, dates, soda and boiling water. Mix well and let cool.
- Sift dry ingredients, reserve.
- Beat eggs with sugar, oil, vanilla until sugar is melted and not grainy.
- Mix all ingredients together, it will be quite runny.
- Pour into a prepped 13 x 9 x 2 pan and bake for 40 minutes.
- For the topping, cook the butter, milk, brown sugar and coconut for four minutes over low rolling boil.
- When cake is done, put the topping on and return to the oven to brown the topping slightly.
- Really nice served warm with a vanilla cream sauce.
- (how do you make vanilla cream sauce, you ask? Melt some good qualtiy ice cream and call it a sauce!)