Beef TongueFrom lor 7 years ago
- 1 beef tongue shopping list
- 1/2 cup vinegar shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch, (or flour) shopping list
- 1 cup raisins shopping list
- 1 Bay leaf shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- Note: I like to add at least 3-4 garlic cloves as well as large chunks of celery, carrot and onion to the pot. shopping list
How to make it
- Put the tongue into a pot with the bay leaf and cover with water.
- Bring to a low boil and simmer for about 3 hours, skimming off any scum that may rise to the top.
- Remove the tongue and skin it. Keep the tongue warm while making the sauce.
- Boil the water that the tongue was cooked in, reducing it to about 1 cup.
- Add the vinegar and the sugar, and stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add the raisins, and taste the sauce, adjusting the sugar and vinegar.
- Dissolve the cornstarch (or flour) in some water, bring the sauce to the boil, and add the thickener.
- Slice the tongue fairly thinly, and spoon some sauce over it to serve.
The Cooklor Toronto, Canada
The Rating3 people
I love this recipe. We haven't had beef tongue in ages. Thanks.chacha in New York loved it