Mocha Choc Chip Pound CakeFrom vindee 9 years ago
- Butter- 1 cup or 200gms shopping list
- eggs - 4 (large) shopping list
- sugar - 1 cup, granular shopping list
- flour - 1 1/2 cups shopping list
- Whole-wheat flour - 1/2 cup shopping list
- baking powder - 1 tsp shopping list
- salt - 1 pinch shopping list
- chocolate chips - 1/2 cup shopping list
- Instant coffee- 2 tbs shopping list
- Coffee Essence - 1 tsp shopping list
- vanilla essence - 1 tsp shopping list
How to make it
- Grease and flour a 10" bundt pan.
- Preheat oven to 325deg/175deg
- Sift tog flours + baking powder+ salt
- Cream butter and sugar well
- Beat in eggs 1 by 1, beating well after each addition
- Beat in essence + coffee and beat in till coffee dissolves
- On low speed, beat in the flour bit by bit till well incorp (4-5 goes)
- Now fold in the chocolate chips (Grate in some chocolate if desired . Can also add chopped walnuts )Turn into pan and bake for approx 1 hr till done . (If top seems to be getting too brown, loosely cover top with foil until done.)L
- Leave in pan for 10 mins to cool, and then turn it out on rack to cool completely.
- Note: Can also make a marble cake, by melting choc and folding it into 1/3 of batter. In this case, put a third of white batter into base , level out. Then put in a third into which melted chocolate has been stirred in (abt 50gms dark chocolate) and level it, and then turn in the remaining third of the white batter and level out. Marble it gently with a wooden skewer.HAPPY BAKING!!
- Note...Ghirardelli dark chocolate chips in this case taste divine.