Penne In Cream Mushroom SauceFrom vindee 9 years ago
- olive oil - 2 tsp shopping list
- garlic - 4-6 cloves / chopped shopping list
- onion - 1 / chopped shopping list
- button mushrooms - 200gms / sliced shopping list
- Red Chilly flakes - 1/4 tsp shopping list
- oregano - 1 tsp shopping list
- Green chilly - 1 / chopped ( optional; however, it brings out a nice flavour) shopping list
- milk - 1/2 cup / cold shopping list
- cornflour - 1 tsp (dissolved in the milk) shopping list
- light cream/Half n half - 100ml shopping list
- gouda cheese - 2tbs/grated ( any cheddar does as well too) shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- penne - 250gms (can use any short pasta; or even spaghetti) shopping list
How to make it
- Heat the oil in a pan with the onion and garlic put in. Simmer for a while till the flavours get released.
- Add the mushrooms, chilly flakes, oregano and green chilly. Sauté till the mushrooms release their liquid.
- Add in the cold milk, stirring continuously to avoid forming lumps. Once thickened, put on low heat.
- Add the cream and grated cheese. Season with salt and pepper.Simmer till the cheese melts through. Once warm, blend the sauce to get required consistency. Don't blend it too much. The sauce tastes better with a slightly chunkier,fullish consistency. Set aside.
- Cook pasta on in plenty of salted,boiling water till al dente.
- Drain and mix into the sauce. Serve immediately as the pasta continues to absorb the sauce the longer it sits.
- Note: Leftovers can be reheated and served later, though most of the sauce would have been absorbed. Still tastes as nice though the sauce isn't visible.
- Serve with sauted vegetables, salad and garlic bread.
People Who Like This Dish 28
The Cookvindee Gurgaon, IN
The Rating4 people
I like this... bookmarking now... Great post.linebb956 in La Feria loved it
I made this and added grilled shrimp! What a dish! Everyone loved it and wanted recipe!
Lindalinebb956 in La Feria loved it
mmmmmmmm is right yummmmm thank you for sharing
tinkminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it