Easy Mexican CasseroleFrom recipesrule 7 years ago
- 1 1/2 lbs lean ground beef shopping list
- 1 lg onion,chopped shopping list
- 1 pkg taco seasoning * shopping list
- 4-8 oz water shopping list
- 1 tin (any size) kidney beans,drained and rinsed with cold water shopping list
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels shopping list
- 1 sweet red pepper, chopped (optnl) shopping list
- 1 4oz tin chopped green chillies (optnl) shopping list
- 1 box mac 'n cheese ( white cheddar or regular) shopping list
- (or cook about 2c of your own macaroni and add cheese sauce) shopping list
- 1 cup (or more) salsa( or 1 tin rotel tomato and chillies) shopping list
- 1-2 cups Tex-Mex cheese blend shopping list
- sliced jalapeno peppers (optnl) shopping list
- sliced olives (optnl) shopping list
How to make it
- Prepare Mac' n Cheese according to package directions
- Meanwhile in large frying pan, over medium high heat, brown ground beef with onion, draining fat as you go.
- Add taco seasoning and incorporate well before adding enough water to just make it saucy.
- Turn heat down to medium and add kidney beans, corn,and pepper and chillies if using. Stir well to combine, and simmer for a few minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Place beef mixture in large casserole dish and top with mac 'n cheese.
- Spoon salsa over noodles and top with grated cheese blend.
- Top with sliced jalapenos and olives,if desired
- Bake at 350F for 30 min until heated through and cheese is bubbly and golden.
- *I buy taco seasoning in a large tub at Costco and just use 2-3 heaping spoonfuls instead of a package of seasoning
The Cookrecipesrule Winnipeg, CA
The Rating9 people
Sounds interesting. I am trying this one because it sounds very good and because of the mac and cheese in it.bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
This sounds great. I'm bookmarking for this winter!dynie in Marietta loved it
This recipe looks great. I might try it with Velveeta Shells and cheese. Yummers!sunniedae in Salem loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!