Spiced-up Cupppycakes With Cream Cheese FrostingFrom lor 9 years ago
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 tsp. baking soda shopping list
- 1 tsp. cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg, freshly grated or pre-grated shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. ground cloves shopping list
- Pinch salt shopping list
- 1/4 cup vegetable shortening shopping list
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 large egg shopping list
- 1/2 cup unsulfured molasses stirred together with 1/2 cup boiling water shopping list
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter, softened shopping list
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, spices, and a pinch of salt.
- In another bowl, with an electric mixer cream together shortening and granulated sugar, beat in egg, and beat in flour mixture alternately with the molasses mixture, beating well after each addition.
- Divide the batter among 12 paper-lined 1/2-cup muffin tins and bake the cupcakes in the middle of an oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until a tester comes out clean. Turn the cupcakes out onto a rack and let them cool completely.
- In another bowl, beat together cream cheese, butter, and confectioners' sugar until the icing is fluffy. Spread the icing on the cupcakes and enjoy!