Lobster RollsFrom hayleesgrandma 6 years ago
- Serves 4 shopping list
- 4 whole lobsters, 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 pounds each shopping list
- 1 cup mayonnaise shopping list
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice shopping list
- 1/2 rib celery, minced shopping list
- coarse salt and freshly ground pepper shopping list
- 4 top-split hot dog rolls shopping list
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter shopping list
- Chopped fresh chives, for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Fill a very large stockpot 3/4 full with cold water. Place over high heat and bring to a rolling boil. Plunge lobsters, one at a time, headfirst into the water. Cook, uncovered, until they float, 12 to 14 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare an ice-water bath. Remove lobsters from boiling water and immediately transfer to ice-water bath until chilled.
- Remove rubber bands from claws. Twist claws with their knuckles from the body. Separate knuckles from claws. Crack knuckles open; remove meat and set aside. Grasp "thumb" and bend it back to snap it off. Crack claw in half; remove meat and set aside. Pull of legs. Twist tail from the joint where it meets the body. Pull off tail fins. Bend tail backward to crack off end of shell. Use your fingers to push tail meat out opposite side; remove with fork and set aside. Discard any remaining lobster.
- Roughly chop lobster meat into about 1/4-inch pieces. Place in a large bowl, along with mayonnaise, lemon juice, and celery; season with salt and pepper.
- Place a griddle or large skillet over medium heat. Butter hot dog rolls and place on the griddle or in skillet. Toast until golden on each side; transfer each roll to a serving plate. Divide lobster mixture between the 4 rolls; garnish with chives.