New Mexico CasseroleFrom zena824 9 years ago
- 2 pounds ground chuck shopping list
- 1 large onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 can Rotel tomatoes shopping list
- 1 pkg frozen spinach, cooked and squeezed dry shopping list
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup shopping list
- 1 can golden mushroom soup shopping list
- 1 8 oz carton sour cream shopping list
- 1/4 cup milk shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder shopping list
- 12 to 16 corn tortillas shopping list
- 1 stick butter shopping list
- 1 to 2 cans green chiles shopping list
- 1/2 pound grated cheddar cheese shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Cook meat until it loses its color; drain.
- Stir in onion, rotel and spinach; salt and pepper to taste.
- Combine soups, garlic powder, sour cream, and milk in separate bowl; mix well.
- Dip half of the tortillas in melter butter and arrange in bottom and sides of a large deep casserole dish.
- Spoon in meat mixture, scatter green chiles on top of this, then add all but 1/2 of the cheese.
- Now add remaining tortillas (dipped in butter).
- Pour soup mixture on top of this.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- About one hour before mealtime, sprinkle casserole with remaining cheese and bake in preheated 325 degree oven for 35 to 45 minutes or until bubbly.