Roasted Garlic Couscous With FetaFrom efitobx 6 years ago
- 1 3/4 cups (14.5-oz can) roasted garlic chicken broth Swanson shopping list
- 1 cup couscous shopping list
- 1 large ripe tomato, peeled, seeded and finely diced shopping list
- 2 thin spring onions, finely sliced shopping list
- 1/2 cucumber, seeded, peeled, coarsely diced (seeds removed) shopping list
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh parsley shopping list
- 6 oz feta cheese, finely crumbled shopping list
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice shopping list
- 2 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano, crushed shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 10 Grinds fresh black pepper shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Put the broth and couscous into a medium saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Remove saucepan from the heat cover and set aside 5 minutes, until the broth is absorbed.
- Transfer the couscous to a bowl and allow to cool. When cool, fluff with fork.
- Add the tomato, green onions, cucumber, parsley and feta to the couscous combine.
- Put the lemon juice, olive oil, oregano, salt, pepper and cayenne into a small jar, cover and shake well to blend.
- Drizzle over the salad and stir to mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Bring the salad to room temperature before serving.
The Cookefitobx Norfolk, VA
The Rating6 people
My daughter found this recipe when she went "searching" and we tried it a couple weekends ago - FANTASTIC salad, so tasty, and the leftovers kept well for 2 days as we ate it for our lunches. Great flavors, and the dressing is minimal and not overpo...morekrumkake in Chicago Suburbs loved it
I uploaded the picture for you, Efitobx - it's such a "pretty" salad, besides being so dang tasty we couldn't stop eating it...your dressing is perfect, as well as the combo of flavors - great recipe!krumkake in Chicago Suburbs loved it
I bookmarked. Great post!dynie in Marietta loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!