Peanut ButterFrom bunnyrock 9 years ago
How to make it
- This will give you a delicious and healthy basic peanut butter. If you want to add flavour to your PB, you can really do some awesome things - cinnamon, cayenne, chocolate, raisins, ginger, curry...you name it.
- Place dry roasted, unseasoned peanuts in a food processor
- If flavouring with a spice, add to peanuts in processor - this will be to your own taste, so you'll have to experiment with ratios yourself.
- Process until desired consistency is achieved, scraping down sides occasionally and testing consistency with spatula.
- If adding non-spice, solid add-ins, like chocolate or fruit pieces, transfer PB to a mixing bowl, and stir in. PB will be fairly viscous, like a heavy cake batter, and easy to transfer.
- Transfer PB to a storage container.
- Keep PB in refrigerator - your PB is all natural, and has no preservatives.
- PREPARATION NOTE: 6 cups of peanuts will give you 1 kg of Peanut Butter
- PREPARATION Tip #1: Before placing the top on your processor, cover the top of your work bowl with a piece of cling wrap. This will keep splatters from covering the inside of your workbowl top, giving you one less piece to clean.
- PREPARATION TIP #2: Immediately following processing, your peanut butter will be warm enough to melt meltable flavourings. If you're planning on adding something like chocolate, decide before adding whether you want your peanut butter to be evenly flavoured, or if you want it to remain in chunks. If it's the latter, allow the peanut butter to cool to room temperature before adding.
- SERVING NOTE: Eat it right off of a spoon. You'll thank me.